Saturday, January 30, 2010

Moments

Night Air is quite a bit different from any other air, it has a certain magic. Magic that can be bad, magic that can be good, it's up to you and your energy. What you wish upon yourself is utimately what you get and somewhere I wished that night air has good magic for me. And man was it out tonight! The snow falling on the bike path was very peaceful and as I pedaled along, jamming out to some Daft Punk techno, I lived a moment that I have only seen in a picture. It's a weird feeling to live out a moment that you have only seen captured on a piece of one dimensional paper. All the sudden your mind recognizes that you have seen this view before, it recalls the photo like a computer, then with the picture at the forefront of your mind, you compare what your seeing all around you and comparing with that stationary picture and it's at that moment when you realize that there are so many more dimensions around us that we don't even realize it, until you get the chance to compare between really experiencing that moment and just looking at it. This is exactly why the only people a photo really matters too, is the people who were around to experience that moment. They were apart of all the dimensions, the sounds, the smells, the attitude, and their feelings, of the moment. Moments are all around us, waiting to share with us, we just have to get out there and be apart of it all. These are the things that come to my mind while riding a bike at night in 10 degree weather, while it was snowing, and tearing it up for 20miles. I gotta give some props to the dude out running tonight too, good to see some other people out enjoying a beautiful winter night. He knew what was up! I'm sure my wife wanted to punch me when I left to go ride, but props to her to for being awsome about it instead!

Enjoy the weekend all!!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You wild man! Sounds fun! I have to agree that nightime is a magic time with the moon, stars and quietness. Awesome backdrop to contemplate whatever comes to mind. Keep riding...............
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete